1979 Calais Diesel W/ 5 speed transmission ????

I have a 1979 Olds Calais with 5 speed, this is paired to a diesel engine, been told there no such thing but it is factory.......I also saw a Solon with the 5 speed diesel is it true only 11 diesel 5 speeds were built and only one was a Calais?????? any one seen one??????/ R_Lantis

Further information is that it is a manual trans, Borg-Warner M-37 I think????? I know it is different than the gas cars with the 5 Speed. [color:"red"]

I believe Krause Publications has a "Standard Catalog of Oldsmobile" as they do for other makes. This may have some information or production figures in it, I know that one of their catalogs is where I picked up the data for 1970 Pontiac Gran Prix with manual transmission (327 total cars).

Glen thanks this puts a little light on the subject. I am sure there were very few of the calais with the 5 speed and diesel...somehow the diesel just don't seem to fit when you talk Calais.

The gas and 5 speed would be a better perforamce unit for this type of car...Any how I have a beauty and will be looking for a new home for it in the future. maybe it will show up in Lansing at the home coming this year with a tag on it. Richard