Converting bench to buckets, HELP

twilson88

It's been a while but.... If I remember correctly the two outer (near the door)holes from the bench should line up with the bucket seat mounting holes. What I don't remember is if the other holes exist in the floor. I know on some they did to make it eaiser for the production orders. If not, just drill the others and there you are! This is all asuming that you are using seats from the correct years. I did this in 1974 so it's a little hard to remember exactly! I am sure someone out there has done it more recently then me!

I did this in a 72 convert and forgot that I (you) will need a different tranny bracket for attaching the floor-shift cable. If your car is originally a column-shifted car, and I am assuming it is, you will need a new (used) bracket to attach to your trans...I believe it has an extended piece required for floor shifting. If you do not have this bracket, look for it used (I think P.Place in Chicago has them)..I was in a hurry and paid 90$ new-repro. Also don't forget your console mounting brackets, wiring for console lights, floor-shift speedo, etc. etc.

BW