Electronic Climate Control Broke

I have a 90 Reatta. The electronic climate control has been tempermental for years. It now will not got above 60. Also the Automatic fan is stuck on auto. How hard is it to fix... What is the cost? Are their rebuilt units anywhere.

On the '88-89 Reattas the weakest electronic part is the Touch screen/CRT. On the '90-91 Reattas the weakest item is the Instrument Panel Cluster and the second weakest part is the ECC, the electronic climate control. It is not uncommon for any of these electronic items to go bad.

I have several Reatta parts cars and have a good used ECC for your '90. I can be reached at jfinn@cpinternet.com

Cheapest and easiest tact to try is exercize the connection. Pull the connection off the back, spray with tuner cleaner, scrub with an old toothbrush, reconnect connection. Since it was a gradual decline, it could be a buildup of dirt in the connection. Be sure to do the connector on the back of the ECC and the plug. Only tool you will need is a T-15 Torx driver.

Guest wally888

As FBN said. Cleaning all contacts, in my case, the IPC, ECC, ECM and BCM, seemed to have fixed the IPC display problem I had.