1978 Electra Park Avenue HELP!

I have been looking looking but I can find nothing on this car. I am trying to find a sales brochure for the 1978 Electra line and all of its trim levels. Where should I look? I sent a hand written letter to Buick and they called me saying that they didn't have anything on that car. Because of its age, and because it isn't the most collectible car around, I have found nothing. Can anyone help me please???

Look for a copy of "The Standard Catalog of Buick", which should be available at Barnes&Noble, Borders, or similar. It details each model year and model of Buick with respect to equipment, specifications, and maybe even production figures up to pretty recent models. I suspect it might have what you're looking for.

Sales brochures would be for the whole Buick line, not just one specific model, uaually. You might search for a 1978 Buick full line brochure and make sure it has your model in it. There usually are some literature vendors listed in The Bugle and also in Hemmings Motor News. These sales brochures were only available during the model year they were for.

Another source might be the Buick Gallery at the Sloan Museum. If they don't have what you might need (to look at and NOT buy), perhaps they might be able to refer you to someone that has the brochures for sale.

Hope this helps,

NTX5467

Guest Dans 77 Limited

GM Carlisle. I found a LOT of the information I have for my 77 Electra Limited at vendors booths at GM Carlisle, service bulletins , paint chips , emissions brochures etc etc . NTX5467 is correct , there are no Electra exclusive brochures , but my 77 general sales brochure has 3 pages dedicated to the Electra line and I cant imagine it being much different for 78. Another good place to check is E bay , I bought my 77 shop manual there ... happy hunting

Dan

I grabbed a 1978 brochure off of ebay and it really says nothing about the car, other than it is the top of the line Buick, which I already knew. This was very dissapointing. Where is this Carlisle place? Other than that, I will check the standard catalog of Buick.