1953 Ford Victoria dual exhaust

Guest Steve Stastny

Guest Steve Stastny

I am restoring a 1953 Ford Victoria with original exhaust manifolds for dual exhaust. I purchased a complete dual exhaust system from a vender in Florida but to my surprise the mufflers were round like glass packs. Do the exhaust mufflers need to be the original type even though the car doesn't need to be started? Everything else will be authentic. If the answer is yes then how many points get deducted? I am putting a lot of money into this car for show and what to know ahead of time so I won't be surprised at show time.

Thanks ahead of time,

Steve Stastny

Red Hill, Pa

Dear Steve,Did the Ford leave the FACTORY with duals and glasspacks?YOU know the answer.If in fact the rest of the car is in as it left the factory condition then the duals and WRONG mufflers wont kill you unless there is a FLAWLESS and CORRECT car in your class,then you might be out of FIRST place.YOU wanna take that chance?You make that 53 as Mr. Ford did you will breeze through the AACA judging system.Please do yourself a favor and join the EARLY FORD V-8 CLUB.diz laugh.gif

Guest Steve Stastny

Thanks for the honest reply. I agree with you and I already belong to the Early Ford V8 club but their forum doesn't seem to get much traffic.

Steve S

Dear Steve,Until the club gets the web-site revamped do not bother.Look in the back of the V-8 times and you will find an advisor for your year Ford.Write him as directed and if in fact you are SERIOUS about making this 53 as Mr. Ford built it you will make a valuable friend.When i restored our familys 37 their[37 Ford GURUS] HELP in finding the CORRECT parts and their knowledge in regard to ALL aspects of these cars is unbelievable.I know that the computer is a fast way to get answers,but once you get hooked up with the right guys the correct answer is only a phone call away.diz laugh.gif