Automotive Postcard Collecting

CAMAC

I've got the sets for each year car I own, but I don't know if I'll take it any farther than that. I like them, but I simply collect too many things. I also try to get each ad that was published for those model years, and I have the complete 1961-66 Starfire ad set including the three different 1962 colors.

I am a self-confessed packrat, and I wonder what will happen to all this s**t when I'm gone.

• 2 weeks later...

Wish I'd known you were going to be there. I'd have tried to get together with you. We were there Thurs till around noon today, got home about 8PM.

OCA space was not quite as active as years past due to Fochi's have a newly arrived grandchild and Ed was working the space alone. Bonnie and Laura weren't there this year- I think Ed said this is the first Carlisle Laura had ever missed since childhood. She had a good reason!

Was also told that the OCA Roadshow coordinator yelped about the expense of the big East Coast meets and nixed the club porta-john. Unless things have changed drastically, $5000 was budgeted for Roadshow every year and we rarely spent more than $1000 of that. Just because they only do one-day shows out in CA, they don't have a clue about an East-Coast style swap meet. Sure missed that PortaJohn too- first time in years I've stood in line to pee at Carlisle, and spent several bux in washroom tips.