How to restore and paint a 1950 buick chassis?

Hello Im restoring my 1950 Buick Super Convertible 56C, making a frame off restoration. now im triying to restore the chassis, but how can I get a professional work finishing and at the same time use a rust stopper?

Can I use POR15 or chassis saver? can I spray it to make a good finish.

Please any tips on restoring a chassis are welcome

Thanks

Salameh Massis

salameh@gua.net

I took everything off of mine and had it sandblasted. This took the rust off. I then had mine powdercoated. But you could just as easily have painted it with POR15 or whatever. They key to painting it is the prep work, get it as clean as you can otherwise the paint wont stick.

You can spray POR 15 but make sure you clean your gun real well afterwards or use gun that you dont care about. Once it dries, you are not going to get it clean.

There are a lot of places for dirt to hide on that chassis, take everything off (all the suspension, rear end etc) and then clean up the chassis. It will be much easier.

Also to be correct, the chassis has to be satin or semiglos black not shiney black like POR 15 so you will have to put a topcoat on after the por15.

Have fun.

Guest Mr. Solutions

POR 15 comes in a MATT BLACK as well.

However, to confirm their own literature, the MATT is not consistenly the same shade!!! I've been using their 6-packs, and they all have a slightly diffent shade. To get the same shade you will have to buy a pint or larger so you use the same batch for the entire chassis.

Regards

Hey thanks for the help.

Now I have only the chassis i took everithing off, and Im cleaning it.

there is a place www.magnetpaints.com that have the chassis saver and they have it in gloss black and satin black, do you think this work?

What can i do whit the suspension, a mean how I clean it and what color I paint it? and what color have to be paint the dynaflow transmition and the rear case?

thanks