Need help on 69 GS 400 Brake problem.

JohnD1956

I just got this car. It has a 4 wheel drum system, with manual brakes ( no power brakes). tongue.gif

I had to replace the main line from the distribution block to the rear flex hose. After installing the new line and bleeding the rear brakes, the parking brake light stays on all the time. The brakes are working very good, but that pesky light won't go off.

After the line broke, and before replacement,the parking brake light worked with the parking brake on, and then when stomping the brakes hard to stop, it would flash, but it always went off when the brakes were released.

There does not appear to be a reset button on the distribution block. However there is an electrical line attached under a rubber boot on the block. Might this be the reset button, and if so, should it just push in? Or is there some trick to resetting it?

If not, does anyone know how to shut that light off without disconnecting it? confused.gif

The older Fords were famous for this, I don't recall any G.M. but here is the trick we use to use. With two people, turn the key till the light glows, open the bleeder at the master cyl the person in the car is to keep constant pressure on the brake pedal, yell when the light goes off. Tighten the bleeder. Hope this helps.