tube straighener?

WillBilly53

Send it back. You will weaken or kink it if you try to un-bend or re-bend, and then it will be non-returnable. Send your old lines for a pattern or make a pattern from bendable wire. With a little practice you can bend and flare straight pieces unless it is stainless which is extremely hard to flare with hand tools.

Willie

Guest Skyking

Will, I had the same problem with Classic Tube. They didn't refund the shipping cost to me. Only mine were transmission cooling lines. SEND IT BACK! I ended buying mine from YearOne, which were dead on.......

thanks oldtank and skyking.

will they accept a return even if it's been about a year? i ordered them LAST august, before i realized what all i needed/wanted to do before i installed them. i'm just now getting around to installing them and found this out. i'm getting the engine and trans cooler lines from inline tube. they have the fuel and brake lines for my car. should i try and return the ones to classic and go with inline or am i screwed for a refund? and i don't have the original lines from the car...

lordy, lordy...

Guest imported_PackardV8

i would avoid the use of stainless steel for fluid lines or brackets. Probably ok for light duty low vibration applications. SS is brittle and tends to crack and break easily and quickly under stress or vibration. Why do want SS antway?????? Do u plan to subject the car to a salt bath or something????

eh, ho-hum.

today has been SUCH a monday.

i emailed them and told them my problem. they did respond, but said that if mine wasn't a convert/coupe then i'd have to send my old lines in.

guess what? it's not a convert/coupe and i don't have the old lines.

when i ordered them i thought it meant convert and/or coupe. and i thought a 2 door hardtop was considered a coupe so i went ahead and ordered them.

so now i'm gonna have to ask for a refund...

Guest imported_PackardV8

Yes. The 'convert/coupe' term they used IS misleading. I'm finding more and more, especialy over the last 5 years or so that one must read vendor claims like a NY lawyer. Even then its easy to miss something. The auto companies have grossly confused issues since the late 50's with what they term body styles ESPECIALY the term 'coup'. In tru definition NO FOUR PASSENGER vehicle is a coupe. A coup is a 2 or 3 passenger car with possibly a jump seat behind the front seat or NO space behind it at all and with permanantly affixed top . It really aggrevates me to hear people refer to a HARD TOP for 4 or more passenger car as a 'Coupe'. A convertible coupe is a 2 or 3 passenger car with folding top and permanantly afixed doors and side all glass permanantly affixed.