WINDOW CAM REPLACEMENT

jaxops

It was harder than taking it out!! Thanks to Jimbo in NJ for the part!!<P>Only 4 bolts hold this on after the window motor is unbolted- easy right?<P>You have to deal with the mainspring putting it back on...luckliy my wife assisted by holding the window.<P>We found that with the tensioned single arm that GM used- you have to inster the wheel into the sliding regulator first. Luckliy the openings in the door are large enough with the window held up to get it into the door (unlike my father's 1949 Cadillac that was a tougher proposition). <P>We then found that you have to get one bolt onto the support frame, and then using a screwdriver, walk the frame to vertical so that a second bolt can be attached. Then, you adjust the window and pull the frame top in to get the other 2 bolts on. At this point, once the electric motor is on, you should run the window a few times, and then check the tightness of the bolts on both the electric window motor and the cam-scissors frame. I always take the opportunity when the door panel is off to vaccuum the debris out of the door, and clean and re-grease the cam and window regulator pole.<P>Well, that was 2 years waiting to figure out the problem, and find the part. Thanks to the BCA-AACA bulletin board and Jimbo for the assistance. smile.gif" border="0