Antenna

Guest keystone

Guest imported_keystone

Has anyone ever replaced their power antenna with a fixed mast GM antenna?

If so please advise us. If not, does anyone have an idea what might work?

Thanks

Gary

If the antenna will not go up or down, check www.reatta.net for the procedure I wrote. You may be able to fix it yourself, some tools like a drill press make it easier.

If the mast is bent or broken, that changes things as the original parts are no longer available. I can adapt the new parts to your old antenna or use a few necessary parts from the bad one to adapt a new Delco antenna.

If you want me to repair it, the price is $50 exchange, whatever way we fix it.

I will also sell you a new Delco and you can change the parts over, the price is still $50.00

So far my record is pretty good, the only antennas I have been unable to repair are non-factory units sent to me that the owner was unaware they were not original.

Guest imported_keystone

Thanks for the replys. I was aware of Barney's repair. I want to eliminate power antenna and used a fixed mast one. I do a lot of short trips and it seems that the antenna is constsntly going up and down. I guess another option is to put a switch in the circuit so I can control its use. I have a 90. I think the pink wire is the control that would need to be switched. Please advise.

Gary

Guest RED891

That would be OK but around where I live we have problem with them being snapped off by kids walking down the street. I'm sure glad mine still works.

I was thinking the same thing the other day as mine is also stuck. Pulled the carpet back and found a mass of wires and motors and said forget it. I would love to replace mine with a slim black one that has a "coil" wire to keep it from flying around in the wind like my parents Malibu has. Is there a simple way to do this? I'll anwser my own question, NOTHING is simple on the Reatta. As far as telescoping antenna's, I have known ppl with ever make and model car to have them fail, or not go up or down all the way. Where do we begin?

Guest joereatta

Recently, my antenna mast will go all the way down but has trouble going all the way up (last section only goes up partially).Does the motor keep running to try to elevate it the rest of the way? Is there a way to lubricate the mast so that the last section fully extends? What type lubricant works best and won't get gummy?

I just installed a 16'in. black rubber flexible {whip} antenna. It was adjustable so I layed it back at an angle to match the contours of the car. It's so cool to watch it blow in the wind in the rear view mirror. Im going to Radio Shack today to get the proper connector.

If you want to replace the power antenna with a fixed mast antenna.....no sweat.

* Remove the power antenna.

* Install the fixed mast antenna.

* forget about all the wires except the black coax

* plug the new antenna coax into the existing coax

* Send me your old power antenna as I can use them for parts.

Guest imported_keystone

Thanks for all the replys. To clarify my original question "Does anyone have a make and application or a part number for specific GM fixed mast antenna that will fit a Reatta?"

Gary