76 park ave-do you think it's worth it?

Guest 65gs76limited

Guest imported_65gs76limited

found a 12,000 original park ave, full documention,original owner and it has the really rare 40/40 bucket seat option.the bad newes, the owner is firm at $12,000.00 for the car. does anyone think this car is worth this kind of money.

For comparison, a 1972 Electra 225 Limited 4-door hardtop with 18,000 original miles recently sold for $8,000.

My impression is that $12,000 for the '76 Park Avenue is too high. I think he is unlikely to receive anything close to that figure for the car, and, if he is motivated to sell, he may eventually recognize that he needs to drop the price significantly. That's not to say that there is not be a buyer seeking a car like this who is willing to pay the price, but I think it is highly unlikely. I would be surprised to see the car bring more than $6,500 to $8,500 tops.

I concur that such a fine vehicle will probably not bring that much money--even as good as it might be. The low production seating option can be a plus, but not enough to raise the value that much. Of course, look what $12K will buy you these days too, but those newer cars will be much better daily drivers than a low production, low mileage car of any kind--plus if the newer cars get damaged, you can find parts to fix them.

Best place for that Park Avenue is in someone's garage for occasional use--period. In that mode, it'd make a fine addition to a Buick collection and someone with enough disposable income to support that activity might well pay the asking price if they really wanted it.

Enjoy!

NTX5467