For Sale: 1956 Chrysler Windsor 4dr Newport - $24,000 - Ossining, NY - Not Mine

For Sale: 1956 Chrysler Windsor 4dr Newport - $24,000 - Ossining, NY

1956 Chrysler Windsor for sale by owner - Maryknoll, NY - craigslist
Seller's Description:

This is a very highly Optioned and Stunning Collector car. This Chrysler has Power steering, Brakes, Windows, Seat, A/C, and the unbelievable factory installed option of a HI-FI-Highway record player installed just below the dash. (remember this was before the days of FM radio, no Tape decks, etc.) My research says they had them as a Special option on Chryslers from 1956-1959 cost then equivalent to $1700 now but they were unreliable and were discontinued. Haven't even checked to see if it works but I will. Also, Push-Button Transmission. Odometer says 99,000 but not sure. Runs excellent. Stops traffic everywhere. This car is Unique and a Great addition to anyone's car collection and will appreciate in value Located in Ossining, NY.
Copy and paste in your email: 938b81e3bc6037e5ae9d3cb6d18286f1@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1956 Chrysler Windsor 4dr Newport.
The Standard Catalog of American Cars, 1946-1975, edited by John Gunnell states 7,050 1956 Chrysler Windsor 4dr Newports built.

'56 Chrysler Windsor 4dr Newport MA a.jpg

'56 Chrysler Windsor 4dr Newport MA b.jpg

'56 Chrysler Windsor 4dr Newport MA c.jpg

'56 Chrysler Windsor 4dr Newport MA d.jpg

'56 Chrysler Windsor 4dr Newport MA e.jpg

'56 Chrysler Windsor 4dr Newport MA f.jpg

'56 Chrysler Windsor 4dr Newport MA g.jpg

'56 Chrysler Windsor 4dr Newport MA h.jpg

'56 Chrysler Windsor 4dr Newport MA i.jpg

'56 Chrysler Windsor 4dr Newport MA j.jpg

'56 Chrysler Windsor 4dr Newport MA p.jpg

'56 Chrysler Windsor 4dr Newport MA k.jpg

'56 Chrysler Windsor 4dr Newport MA l.jpg

'56 Chrysler Windsor 4dr Newport MA n.jpg

'56 Chrysler Windsor 4dr Newport MA o.jpg

'56 Chrysler Windsor 4dr Newport MA m.jpg

That is one outstanding example!!!   The Hi-Fi was very likely added during the restoration as was the Steering Wheel Watch (everyone needs 2 clocks).   Styling is subjective but even as a mid-50s lover of Chryslers, I have to say the '56 Windsor grille is far superior to any other '55-56 Chrysler product (other than the Imperial/300 eggcrates of course).