33/34 generator and starter covers

What is the finish of the cover bands for the 33/34 KA generators and starters?

My covers have been painted, but I see many online as plated (maybe nickel?)

What's your thought?

• 3 weeks later...

Sadly, no responses to my question.

I went ahead and fabricated new bands from mild steel and have sent them off to be nickel plated. 

New tags will be ordered to complete the project. I'll post a pic or 2 when they get back from the plater.

10 hours ago, kar3516 said:

Seems like you had a ton of answers to this exact question on a different thread that you posted - see below:

You're right, I did get answers, in the general forum. There was no response in the Lincoln specific forum where I was hoping the Lincoln knowledge would step in to answer. But hey, thanks anyways.

Hopefully someone needing an answer for a similar year Lincoln won't decide to ask the dedicated page in the future.

39 minutes ago, a griffin said:

You're right, I did get answers, in the general forum. There was no response in the Lincoln specific forum where I was hoping the Lincoln knowledge would step in to answer. But hey, thanks anyways.

Hopefully someone needing an answer for a similar year Lincoln won't decide to ask the dedicated page in the future.

I think most of the regulars on the forum have their preference set to the “not read” content.  This means that all posts regardless of category show in the order posted.  I find the Lincoln K forum category is not very active.  You can link to the Lincoln Owners Club forum from the main menu page and try there but they aren’t particularly active there either.  I attended the Lincoln Owners Club dinner at Hershey and met a bunch of very nice people.  Seems that more often they communicate directly (phone calls, emails, etc) than through the forums.

Kent