1957 Cadillac Eldorado Seville - $50,000

Only one picture...they are using the thousand words approach!

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/d/san-jose-1957-cadillac-eldorado-seville/7774042120.html

This Eldorado is 67 years old, so some signs of age are to be expected! Much of this car appears to be in amazing unrestored original "SURVIVOR" condition. However, I'm sure that some items were replaced or rebuilt through the years. Obviously, the tires were replaced!
This Eldorado has ana amazing mostly original "survivor" interior in excellent condition. As would be expected, the clock is not currently working, very common for a vehicle this age.
The original factory radio does come on but does not play. I do believe the antenna is not plugged in, so that could be the problem. The padded dash looks great and is soft and supple. The headliner looks new. The glove box lock is not working, and the door is temporarily being held closed with a spring. The driver's side ash tray is being held closed with silicone.
The exterior style is beautiful! The chrome bumpers have been rechromed. The front bumpers look great, but there is an issue on the bottom of the driver's side lower piece.
The rear bumpers and taillight housings do have pitting and some pealing. There are three very minor windshield wiper scuffs that I believe will polish out. The paint has a good shine but would benefit from a good polishing. The paint does show some age as there is some cracking on the hood and one or two other spots. The car was resprayed sometime in the past. There is a scrape and some indentations on the right rear and left rear stainless that can be repaired. The sabre wheels show some pitting and minor chips.
The trunk interior is in beautiful condition and holds what appears to be the original spare tire. The engine bay is clean with some components being replaced or refreshed at some time. The license plates shown on the car are not included in the sale.
The odometer reading above is as it reads is most likely not the total miles.

(409) 892-5437

00j0j_3J0gfnnkov8_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

I like these 57 eldo's a lot!  I probably would never own one as they are too expensive repair and maintain, that is after you've come up with money to purchase it.  The seller posted one picture while his description talks about many other things.  Funny how the seller states the car is in excellent condition and then goes on and describes things that either don't work or don't show well.

In my opinion if you're going to sell for your car it's good practice to be upfront in your description and have photos of what you are describing.

Edited by deac (see edit history)
  • Like 2