$35,000 1957 Ford Fairlane 500 Skyliner Hard Top Retractable For Sale

1957 Skyliner For Sale

Hello, I’m selling my Skyliner that has been in the family since at least 1991. Low miles and I have dated gas receipts my father wrote mileage on, so there is a log. My father was a collector and mechanic. This was one of his favorite cars when he passed in 2019, and I couldn’t bring myself to sell it. He had hundreds of cars over the years and I sold 10 of them when he became ill. 
This is an older restoration that shows well. Original 312 engine. No rust and runs very well. Always garaged and spent it’s life in mostly southern states of California, Central Texas and recently Florida, with a short stay in Oregon. Not driven in the rain and the top works. 
Price is $35,000. Additional photos and/or FaceTime tour can be arranged. Sold as is, located near Orlando, Florida, no tire kickers please and ask your wife’s permission before calling. I’m a fair seller, AACA & Skyliner members, and a few members here know me from some of the cars I sold in the past and/or have seen this car. I’m hoping to find a buyer that knows and appreciates these unique cars, so that is why I’m starting here. Please send a message with your cell and I will text you to schedule a call. Thank you!

IMG_9120.jpeg

IMG_9134.jpeg

Edited by victorialynn2 (see edit history)
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2024 at 11:05 AM, Digger914 said:

After all you went through to keep it and keep it going, it's got to hurt some to give up.  Sorry to see it go and hope you're doing well.

Hi Digger,

I’m doing ok. I have two cars in storage, the Ford and the Corvair. The plan by now was to have a property with onsite storage, but that has been delayed. It just doesn’t make sense on paper to keep paying the storage, especially since the price keeps going up. I don’t always do what makes sense though, often I’m ruled by sentiment. I run her regularly and am keeping her in good shape. I think of my dad with every drive and have mixed emotions about selling her. I figure if the right person comes along, it is meant to be. I priced her fairly and would let her go to the right person for that price. 

I’m sure you all know if I was in a hurry to sell her, she would have been sold by now, just like the rest. I’m waiting for it to cool down here in FL and may take more pictures and properly market her for sale if the storage fees don’t stop rising.