Metal fuel line size

I'm looking for the outside diameter of the fuel line for my 1948 Continental.  I want to replace it and the line that's on there looks like it might be too small.  Thank you for any help.  George.

I have always  used 1/4 OD steel ( STEEL  ONLY, not copper)  brake line.  I cut the  brake  fittings off and save.  Ream out the inside  of the tubing just slightly , just to clean any  "burr"  from cutting.  Borrow or purchase  from a plumbing supply , or a "box" store tube cutting tool.  Purchase  new correct fittings and the Ford  "beads  "  .  At the same time , purchase a small simple tube bender, if you don't already have one.  Good time to consider an in line electric fuel pump just for emergencies.  Fuel pump should be bypass only.  I have never used a "full time on " electric fuel pump. If your  old fuel line looks to have correct bends, if not check out "The Way of The Zephyr "  back issues for correct bends.  Let us know how it turns out. Larry

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for the reply. I spoke with Chris Herrel and verified that it's 1/4" pipe. I asked him about an electric fuel pump, he doesn't have them for sale. I've been running one for many years as a back-up for vapor lock and quick start-up after it sits between the times I use it. I purchased one on Amazon and it works good. 

Thanks again and happy motoring. George 

I am redoing my fuel system on my '41 Zephyr coupe, and I purchased 1/4 inch stainless steel tubing from a hydraulic supplier along with a new Carter electric fuel pump back by the tank.  Aldo I did have a new stainless steel gas tank made by a company who does that over in Illinois.  Pricey but great for no more rust and junk in the tank.  Have an inline filter just in case any junk does get into the fuel system.  The original fuel lines were copper plated steel, but not that great as they would corrode and rust in time.  They look fine and you never have to replace them!