Jerry Kurtz, Dover, PA

Jerry Kurtz died June 11, 2024 in York, PA.  Jerry had run a machine shop business for many years, raced cars on local tracks, and collected Studebakers.  In later years, he converted standard 3-speed transmissions to overdrive and sold them at Studebaker shows.  He was always accompanied by his little dog Muphy. He was also a knowledgeable historian, especially about Civil War events in Gettysburg.  Jerry brought his 1937 Studebaker to many events, including Glidden tours.  Jerry developed Alzheimer's disease in 2020 and rapidly declined.  He is survived by his wife Holly.

Jerry_and_Holly_Kurtz-2018.JPG.fcc2f50ecc949d8e508284622aa006d3.JPGJerry Kurtz and wife Holly in 2018 with his 1937 Studebaker.

Thanks, Gary,

Yes, we are saddened by the loss of Jerry.  I express my condolences to his wife and family as well.

Another one of his well-known restorations:

07sb309.jpg.c9aaede6b406cc55d5acb40227ddc704.jpg

• Like 1

Having both pickups and fire trucks that we've shown at AACA, my dad and I had the pleasure of being parked next to Jerry on several occasions for the better part of 20 years.  There was also a time or two where I judged his vehicles.

Jerry was a very honorable, down to earth man.  His presence will be missed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1