68 Cutlass S Convt Interior Questions(Do I have the right stuff)

Okay, first is the dash, My dash looks like the pictures I have found on the net, except I do not have the ignition on the dash, it is on the col. Also I do not have any chrome trim on the dash.

Second are the buckets, mine have headrests, with the seat tilt button in the center of the back panel.

I am curious to know, since I am considering getting an upholstery kit from the paddock, but I am not sure that the seats are really 68 buckets.

Thanks for your help

Bryan

The button location won't affect the seat kit. All the 66-72 Strato-Bucket seats as well as Strato-Bench backrests are basically the same construction, and the headrests don't affect it either as all you do to mount the headrests is make an X cut in the seat fabric for the posts to slip thru, then attach the escutcheons.

Bryan, does your car still have a mounting hole for the ignition switch on the dash? To have put a 69-72 column in and make the column mounted ignition functional would have required some major rewiring. Possible someone changed out the entire dash and wiring harness with a 69.

Here's a giveaway. Are the dash knobs round with a flat face and black stripe around the edge(69), or are they butterfly shaped (68)?

I would describe them as round with a black ring at the outside edge. When you look at the dash from the back, you can see a hole next to the lighter. Observed this while working on putting the new custom classic deck in the car.

From your note, does that mean if I want to get a kit in saddle I can order the later model seat covers, etc. from a 71? I find it hard to believe that is possible. My wife likes the tan(currently in the car)what are you to do right.