1977 Cadillac Wire Hubcaps Balancing

On my 77 Cadillac Copue Deville, I put brand new radial tires and high speed balanced them. Car has wire hupcaps, that are correct for car. I think added wieght from the wire caps effects car front end tires Balance are not balance! At 55  65 mph getting vibration as if tires are not balanced! Back roads slow speeds tires are ok.

Any suggestions how to cure this issue? Any bulletins on this problem from 1977 

Well, if you can still find somewhere that does it, you could take the car to a shop that balances the wheel/tire assembly on the car.  Downside is you'll need to re-balance if you rotate the tires (or swap wheel covers).  OTOH, if you do find such a shop, they could balance a wheel sans the cover and then repeat the process with each wheel cover installed in turn.  That would identify the heavy spot and the amount of weight needed to balance each one.  You may be able to try the same process if you know anyone with an old bubble-type wheel balancer.

Failing that, I might be tempted to rig something like what is used to balance lawnmower blades and check each wheel cover.  Maybe use stick-on wheel weight tape in a void on backside of the cover at the circumference...?

image.png.fd80ee3452b730990acc48f82b929d31.png