Do you have photos of 1995 New York Auto Show??

I am looking for photos from the 1995 New York International Auto Show at Javits Center, specifically of a Talbo replica of a Talbot-Lago T150 teardrop coupe that was on Elliot Cukor's Cooper Classics stand on level one. I would appreciate any assistance finding such a photo(s).

Craig

Have you been in contact with the fellow who is the historian of the NY Auto Show? He has penned a book on that event and is in the process of coming out with a new updated edition. My friend who is the author of the NY Auto show book ( 1900 to 2000 ) is Greg D. Merksammer . It is 192 pages.

Edited by Walt G (see edit history)
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Walt G said:

Have you been in contact with the fellow who is the historian of the NY Auto Show? He has penned a book on that event and is in the process of coming out with a new updated edition. My friend who is the author of the NY Auto show book ( 1900 to 2000 ) is Greg D. Merksammer . It is 192 pages.

Walt, thank you very much for this tip. I will try to find contact info for Greg and see if he can help.

Craig

On 4/13/2024 at 11:54 AM, Walt G said:

Walt, I sent an email to Greg last week, but did not get a response. Maybe you have a different contact email or number? Thanks

Nothing more I can help you with , another place to look for information is the supplement sections of NY Newspapers of the era - they would have reports on the auto shows and sometimes the salons. Would print a additional section to cover that auto show and many local dealerships took advertising in that as well listing all the dealers in the Metro NY area. Some photos issued by the PR department of the car manufacturers were used as well. Some great illustrations/images only seen in those newsprint advertising. I have several in my collection but not for the particular year you seek.