1924 Lexington water pump

Rod P

Hi Brains trust, best pictures I can find of a 1924 Lexington with an Ansted engine with water pump. Cannot find parts manual or diagrams or makers marks/ numbers, and I have been looking for a few years.

Don't have the car, but one I looked at a while back that was missing all sorts of bits, and the electrics are pretty straight forward. If they ever decide to sell, they have my name and know I am interested. In the meantime.....

So question is, does this water pump look same, or similar to one in another car from similar time frame?

Sorry no measurements.

Pretty sure Lexington made their own water pumps, amongst many other parts, but they did also manufacture for other Brands.

(Lexington existed 1910-1927 and was perhaps most famous for winning 1st and 2nd place at Pikes Peak in 1920 with an  Ansted engine. The last version of this engine was the F or M type, identical looking but the M type in picture below was in Concord model, and the slightly more powerful F type was in Minuteman model.)

The carburettor shown is I think Rayfield L3P?

Correct later model Rayfield should be either MR-4 or M-4, but they are all probably pretty scarce.

This 1924 Lexington modified Concord was sold on Bring A Trailer in 2021 for $35, 250.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1924-lexington-modified-concord-boattail-speedster/

Thank you.

1924 Lexington modified bring a trailer.webp

1924 Lexington Bring a trailer water pump enlarged.webp 3.webp

1924 Lexington Bring a trailer water pump enlarged.webp

1924 Lexington Bring a trailer water pump enlarged.webp 2.webp

Edited by Rod P
still more information. (see edit history)
  • Like 1