Clutch return spring

Trying to find out where the clutch pedal return spring hooks onto on my 38 Zephyr, i know where it goes onto the clutch arm but where does the other end contact. Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers Jim

Edited by Royal Kustoms (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Jim,

I have been holding off to see if anyone else  would jump on , but I guess not.  I restored a '38  LZ Conv. Coupe ,  owned it for about 46  years

and sold it back  at the end of 2019.  I did not need to replace the floors  and I have gone through all of my pics and cannot find one that shows where the clutch spring (PN 86H-7523B)  connects other than the small  "eyelet" on the lever( PN 86H-7511)  .  Perhaps it was  a small hole in the floor?  Did you replace the floor? I would attach the spring on the lever and pull back just enough to take slack out and spot weld a small clip . No one will ever see it.  If you wish contact Colin Spong,  he lives on your side of the "pond".    1937lincoln@talktalk.net    He will know!

Good Luck,     Larry

Hi Larry, thanks as always. That's what i thought, maybe i am just being picky. I went through all my old photos of the floor pan and couldn't see anything either. Spoke with Colin and he sent my some photos of his but typically that end of the spring you just cant see where it goes in the photos. Even went through all my old books and part diagrams and again that end doesn't show. So it will have to be a bit of Creative license :).

Cheers Jim