51 Chevy truck installing power steering on 216ci pulley issue

Chasey

Hi everyone 

I’ve hit a bit of a snag ,

I'm installing power steering on my 51 Chevy truck , and my issue is on my original 216ci it has the original wide belt crank pulley and so does the water pump, I’ve purchased the duel bracket to support both single wire 12v alternator and a Saginaw power steering pump  , I can get the alternator with the wide belt pulley but I need a twin wide belt pulley for the power steering pump (5/8 bore), and can’t seem to find one anywhere , as the crank runs the power steering pump the a separate belt runs the alternator ! 

please can anyone help 

Chasey 👊🏻

Maybe get 2 pulleys, one having correct 5/8 bore, other having the correct dual groove, have local shop cut on lathe, weld the 2 together.  I did this for my 57 Cad ac install years ago, worked out nice. 

• Like 1

Or, draw up the needed pulley and have machine shop make one.  maybe 2 piece, with center being steel with its lower thermal expansion.   If you need help, let me know. 

• Like 1

As far as I know that part never existed. When power steering came along (1953) I am pretty sure Chevrolet had already abandoned the wide belts. Even if what you need exists, it is going to be like rocking horse poo to find. I'd take @68LTD's advice.

• Like 1