Chandler 65 1929 Renovation Tips

Hello,

I need some tips for restoration specifically the engine. Im from Hungary and theres zero information about it in my country. Im also searching for a dashboard. And i also need to cast new pistons because they are in bad condition, but the rest is fine. I'll send a few pictures of the car.

I accept any info which helps its restoring. 

Best wishes, Paul

1708526716285.jpg

1708526716265.jpg

1708526716243.jpg

1708530788684 (1).jpg

• Like 1

Hi Paul,

Looks like you have a very clean and original 1929 Chandler Model 65. For some of the engine parts you need try Egge

I have used them in the past. They can probably make pistons for you as well.

What is the serial number of your car and are you interested in joining the Chandler-Cleveland Motor Club? There is no cost to join and if interested I will email you our last newsletter.

BTW I suspect if that is the original steering wheel in the first picture then the car is likely a Deluxe Sedan which would mean you would have "fake" woodgraining on the interior. You also have the optional Delco Lovejoy shocks installed.

Edited by 29 Chandler (see edit history)

Hello,

Thanks for the tip, and yes I'm interested in joining.  Sadly the plate is missing. Is there any more area where there are numbers? I'm also searching for a parts catalog.

I have an instruction book, if anyone needs it i'll send it in a PDF.

Best wishes, Paul

3 hours ago, chandler65 said:

Hello,

Thanks for the tip, and yes I'm interested in joining.  Sadly the plate is missing. Is there any more area where there are numbers? I'm also searching for a parts catalog.

I have an instruction book, if anyone needs it i'll send it in a PDF.

Best wishes, Paul

Paul I have a copy of the parts book that I will email you. It's 203 pages scanned into a PDF.

For the serial number it is also stamped on the right side frame horn. Also since you have the engine opened up you might see the engine number stamped on the parts. All of the moving parts were stamped with my engine number and this matched the number that was written in grease pencil on the outside of the block.