1948 Super 4-dr., original paint & upholstery, no rust, 57K miles

This is a 76-year-old car that is amazingly well preserved. The owner has asked me to sell it for him. 1948 Super, original black paint in excellent condition, no dents, no rust that I can see, original upholstery underneath the seat covers, chrome is not pitted, 3-speed standard shift, 248 cu.in. eight runs and does not smoke; brakes work, 57,000 actual miles. Even the fabric-covered wiring is in good shape!  Car has spent many years in California but in Texas now, N.E. of Dallas in Bonham, TX. One tire is old and cracked; the others look much newer. I am going to rebuild the fuel pump and the carburetor and that is included in the price of $15,500. I don't think you will find a nicer, unrestored '48 Super. The missing headlight ring and the missing hub cap were installed after I took some of these photos.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

IMG_0891.JPG

IMG_0889.JPG

IMG_0877.JPG

IMG_0887.JPG

IMG_0880.JPG

IMG_0875.JPG

IMG_0890.JPG

Edited by Pete Phillips (see edit history)
  • Like 7

• 1 month later...

Sale of this car "fell through" as the saying goes. Buyer found out he has stage 3 cancer and cannot go through with the purchase. So, if you want one of the nicest, original, unrestored, 1948 model 51 Super 4-door sedans in existence, here is your chance once again. Brakes done, carburetor rebuild done, fuel pump rebuild done. All it needs is to be driven. Car is at my shop in Bonham, Texas. $15,500 or very close offer.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

• Like 2