1946 Buick Super Model 50

Robuick46

Doing great work and nice to find a few problems along the way that you can fix. Mikes Carburettor Parts has a website with the original Carter Carburettor Manuals that you can download and print off to make it easier if you don’t have a guide. 

Jon at Carburettor King also has some great technical articles that are worth studying too!

I only rebuilt mine three times but enjoyed each experience. I was replacing the original Marvel carburettor with a Carter from a ‘47 Buick and it worked well. With the original it was hit and miss whether it would start however the Carter was reliable.

And you can see some of the fun I had under the Pre-War Buick forum here.

Enjoy!

Rodney 😀😀😀😀😀

IMG_7152.png

Edited by rodneybeauchamp
Extra details and correction and added a link (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

On 6/22/2024 at 9:54 AM, rodneybeauchamp said:

Doing great work and nice to find a few problems along the way that you can fix. Mikes Carburettor Parts has a website with the original Carter Carburettor Manuals that you can download and print off to make it easier if you don’t have a guide. 

Jon at Carburettor King also has some great technical articles that are worth studying too!

I only rebuilt mine three times but enjoyed each experience. I was replacing the original Marvel carburettor with a Carter from a ‘47 Buick and it worked well. With the original it was hit and miss whether it would start however the Carter was reliable.

And you can see some of the fun I had under the Pre-War Buick forum here.

Enjoy!

Rodney 😀😀😀😀😀

IMG_7152.png

Thank you for your appreciation and your help.
That applies to all of you.

I disassembled the two throttles, three screws went out without any problems, one of them broke off although I was careful.
New mission, drill out the old screw and cut a new thread. Since I have not found a suitable screw on the Internet, I will mount a M2.5mm screw that has the same core hole diameter.
But that has to wait until later, until I got all the parts.

B44.jpg.58bdc5da8ae358125cf0bd2daf6b6d43.jpgB45.jpg.2b0da9cd463426d50ca71f54fddba3e0.jpg

...cleaning, brushwheel and polishing.

B46.jpg.81dbe3cd1e574387570e9283a8b3bc2c.jpgB47.jpg.35fbc2d3797e8cdd54508dd8ba5471fe.jpgB48.jpg.255409deb0af9624f4846f359d177bfc.jpg

Despite multiple oiling and heating the throttle shaft arm screw did not get opened. I had the fear that something could break, so I finally did not remove the throttle shaft.

B49.jpg.5c6119cbe3eead6de945a1515172fa8d.jpg