1940 Window Regulator

materal73

Greetings all, I'm in search of a window regulator, passenger side for a 1940 convertible coupe.  It may have been used on other years and models, not sure.  Hoping someone has one in their parts stash somewhere.  

Regulator3.jpg

Regulator2.jpg

Regulator1.jpg

Hello Materal73,

119 views and no responses ---- sad!    after looking at your pics,  I don't see any  damaged teeth.  What is wrong with it? 

Perhaps a good cleaning with #1 "K" kerosene and a stiff parts cleaning brush should get it working.    One of my favorite tools is a bench mounted wire wheel. Next clean with hot soapy water, let dry. Also,  hang it in a plastic container  filled with" Evaporust."  Good stuff. Spray paint with a coat of black semigloss paint,   Lube  the gear wheels  with a light    coat of silicone grease.    Let us know how it turns out a

Hello Materal73

I hit this problem with my 1938 Convertible Coupe with stripped teeth on one of the gears. I dismantlement the entire assembly and repaired  the broken gear with parts cannibalized from a sedan regulator. It might be worth checking out Ford regulators for parts. A vendor at Hershey is "Regulator Roy" who deals in regulators . A Google search will find him. What is exactly wrong with your regulator ?

Colin.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, sorry for my long delayed reply to your messages.  Thanks so much for your help and suggestions.  The problem with the one I have is that the center gear has 5 or so broken teeth and is in general pretty mangled.  I have thought about rebuilding it with parts from a sedan regulator but haven't tried it yet.   I will search out Regulator Roy too.   Thanks again!  Matt