WTB Door hinges, door handle, oil filter canister lines and steering wheel.

Jack Bennett

I have the original 25” Chrysler (I think) engine ready to pull, and the 1951 Dodge 218 (I think) engine is ready to replace it in my 1929 Fargo Express panel delivery.

As I work on the engines and frame I am continuing to rebuild the body metal and woodwork.

I have turned up some shortages and need a few items to finish up the cab, and start on the bed.

I need a door handle, one with a loop on the inside and handle on the outside. Each door should have four hinges, but both are missing a hinge so I’m looking for two of those.

The steering wheel has proven tp be a sticking point. Since the replacement engine is a later model, and the carburetor has a actual choke, and the distributor does not have the ability to be used with a spark advance lever, I will deviate from originality and install a steering wheel without these levers. The steering wheel I’m looking for needs to have a keyed shaft hole which is 1” across and has a slight taper.

The original, 25” engine, uses an oil filter housing mounted on the firewall but the replacement engine has a longer canister which is mounted on the left side of the engine. Both the longer line between the upper side of the canister and the block, as well as the shorter hose which runs between the block and lower side of the canister have been destroyed, and I am looking for the rubber lines to replace them.

After the engine swap is completed, and the 1951 engine proves itself to work, I will be parting out the engine presently in the Fargo.

The engine is complete including the carburetor, manifolds, clutch pressure plate and 10” disk, and water pump. It has no head gasket or fuel vacuum tank.

The engine appears to be closer to a dodge DA than anything else I can find. The distributor is mounted on the right side of the head, near its center.

I will be giving away the complete engine, or parts as requested, but the recipient must pay for shipping. The nearest FASTNAL location to me is about 15 or 20 miles away but I will try to get lighter parts there for shipping if that is a chosen means.

PM me if you can help me with the parts I need, or to get in line for the parts I have.

IMG_1911.jpeg

IMG_1769.jpeg

IMG_1771.jpeg

IMG_1768.jpeg

IMG_1706.jpeg

IMG_1698.jpeg

IMG_1712.jpeg

IMG_1718.jpeg

Edited by Jack Bennett (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, hihoss said:

I would like the carburetor and throttle linkage including the linkage from the steering wheel to the carb.  if you could include a closer pic of the carb I can confirm its what I think.  

Thanks

I need a bit of time to finish getting the Dodge pickup engine installed and running. Once I am certain I will not be stuck with no engine at all, I want to hold on to the 1929 a little longer. I have your post and you will be first in line after I make certain I can part out the original engine.