CHANDLER SIX 1929.

CLAUDIO RUZZAI

Claudio,

What you have is a 1929 Chandler Five Passenger De Luxe Sedan with dual side mounts and rear luggage rack. Over the years several items have been replaced (like the generator) or gone missing (like the front bumper and horn). Aside from being in fairly rough condition, I am really impressed with how complete the car is. It must be the only model like it in Argentina. I have seen one other 1929 De Luxe sedan here in California, there are maybe just a few left in the entire world. 

This was the last year of production for Chandler and many items like the radiator badge are unique to this model year.

I'll have to get out to the garage this weekend and find the exact location of the VIN (vehicle identification number or serial number) for you on my own 1929 Chandler Five Passenger Sedan (standard).

image001.JPG

Chandler 29, thank you for your time and information, really appreciated, we try to get the number, so by the Argentinian law we can register like antique automobile, get insurance and drive it one in a while, will see if my friend in Argentina star working on a lite restoration and get out of the barn!!!

Hope he don’t have the idea to get a new paint job… I like the way it is!! Just fix what really need in order to ran. And keep as original as possible.

• Like 1

Claudio,

I think I see the reason you have not located the serial number of the car. The vacuum canister mounted to the firewall is probably covering it. It should be  mounted on the right side of the firewall, same side the carburetor is located. It should also be a Kingston model which was original to just the 1929 cars. Yours looks like the much more common Stewart-Warner unit. If you remove that I hope that you will find the factory serial number plate riveted to the firewall, see below.  Ignore the fact that there are twice as many wires running through t he firewall, I was in the process of replacing all of the original wires and left the old ones in place until I had the new wires completely run.

IMG_2699.jpeg

img20230129_13265185.jpg