nationals in sac

I will probably go, only because my brother is bugging me to, but if I do go, it will be reluctantly, and besides, I would'nt want to miss poking fun at, and irritating the East Coast boys. Once again, as always is the on-going debate, the Antique Studebaker Club takes a back seat to the Drivers Club in regard to the planning of the supposed "Joint" International meet. Why do they even bother inviting the Antique Studebaker Club? Only because there are members in both organizations and they want to get the most bang for their buck. Why do they even call the Driver's Club a "Drivers" club? They act like they are the ones driving 70+ year old cars, they should call it the Studebaker "Parking lot" Club, because as always, as soon as the "Drivers" get to their location for where ever they have their meets, they hurry up and PARK their cars, and there they sit until the meet is over. Of the 13 scheduled "Tours" for the International, all but one cost between $30 - $70 per person, all but one are via Tour Buses, and one is actually a walking tour of Old Sacramento for $37!! Hell, I can do that for free, and I do on a routine basis several times a year. The only "tour" that actually entails driving any cars is on Saturday, cost $5, and is the "token" event to pacify the Antique Studebaker members. I don't know about how everyone else is throughout the U.S., but speaking for most of us on the west coast, we drive our cars, and as far as my personal opinion goes, there should be a lot more "DRIVING" at a meet, and a little less "PARKING". However, I guess that's what separates the (ASC)"Antique Studebaker (Drivers) Club" from the (SDC)"Studebaker PARKERS Club"

I figured it up, and if a couple stayed for 6 days, went to the scheduled events, daily bus tours and never drove their car after arriving, the cost would be $1300. So is it about the commraderie and cars, or about the SDC making a buck?

One last thing, my full support goes out to the two west coast ladies who put this meet together amid all the undue bul*@#hit from the east coast idiots, I'd also like to congratulate them in seeing the light and selling off their post-war sheet metal for some vintage Pre-War class.

Maybe I'll spend $10 for gas, show up for the $5 Saturday morning event, be one of the select few who show up and drive my car on the only driving activity held during the entire meet, and save $1285 over other members who parked their cars and rode tour buses all week. Gee, only at an SDC Meet can you spend less money driving your car than parking it.....go figure.

Guest stude8

I live outside Chicago, East of the Mississippi River but a long way from the East Coast. Can someone explain where the dividing line is?

I was called a Yankee at a restaurant in Dallas, TX because I asked what "Fried Okra" was? They were just fooling and cheered when I tasted it.

I guess the issue is more the cost of attending a large scale meet than personal preferences of parking or driving the cars, early or late model. I have sympathies both ways. After spending several years restoring my 1962 T Cab truck, the first stone chip really hurt but it was a fun truck to drive and the new owner in Texas thinks so to.

Run for election, get on the board and vote new policy in. Life is too short to argue about a hobby that is supposed to be for pleasure. Stude8