1935 Buick drop axle?

I just purchased a 1935 Buick Sedan that I plan on making into a slight custom/streetrod. Nothing over-the-top, but I would like a slight rake to the car's stance. Does anyone know if you can buy a drop axle for this year Buick?

If so, are there any favorite shops?

If not, is there another way to get a slight raked look?

Thanks for the info,

~Overdrive

I though the car came with independant front suspnesion...? In which case, you want drop-spindles.

At any rate, look up the Buick Street Rod Association, which has a lot of folks hopping up similar cars. '34 and '35 seem to be popular among the membership. They have a web-site

Happy wrenching,

Doug Cook

Guest imported_SKYSTHELIMIT

Depending on how much you want to spend there is another way you could go with this. You could put air bag suspension on it and this would not only be able to give your car the stance you wanted but you could change the stance of your vehicle to whatever suits your mood at the time with a push of a button. Even slam it for the low rider look. Best of all not only do they look awsome on any vehicle they also improve the handling of the car. Search for (air suspension) on the web and that will bring up a few places that deal with air bags. A typical price for what you would need would be about $1500 but you may have to change the front a arms to acommadate the bags and to also add to this yes it will work if your car has leaf springs.

Guest 31tudor

Uh, $1500 will be what you spend on airbags once you already have the rest of the custom suspension in place. You could probably build your rolling chassis for a few hundred dollars up to many many thousands of dollars. (Don't forget that you'll need airbags, airlines, fittings, valves, gauges, a tank, and a compressor.)

If there is one place to skimp, it ain't your chassis!!! Safety first! Never skimp on suspension, tires or brakes!!!

It's very doubtful you'll find dropped spindles for the stock arms, you'll probably be looking at a wholesale replacement. Plan on cutting out the front crossmember and replacing it with a Mustang II unit. Fatman's is a very reputable company, and has raving fans across the US.

Post some pics, I'd love to see what you're building!