'91 Reatta radio controls not functional

PaulP117

I didnt seem to find anything on here for this sort of radio issue, The closest i could find was the locked radio thread but the solution found then didnt end up helping me with this. A family member has been driving my reatta for a few weeks now and while at work they left the headlights on draining the battery almost completely. I jumped the reattas battery for them and when i started the car the radio kicked on for a few second normally and then all sound just stopped suddenly, none of the crackling i normally hear or anything. The radios screen still functions and show the time as well as the volume level. The power switch functions properly and changes the screen properly as well. However the volume button no longer works, the scan button no longer works, the tune and seek buttons also no longer work. and the SET or either of the FM/AM buttons change the screen either. I checked both fuses and they are good. What else could be going on? Its a very nicely refurbished radio from one of our trusted sources so i dont see how it could be any of the internals this soon. (pictures and/or a video will be posted later in the day if that is at all helpful)

My suggestion would be to contact the person who originally refurbished the radio and have them do a "re-look".  Sure sounds to me that your radio has some sort of internal failure.