Help Identifying this 1920’s-1930’s Shell

knapp07

I picked up this shell in a junkyard a year ago. I thought it was a Ford Model A. After doing some research and then seeing the body line, I discovered that it is not a Model A. In fact I cannot for the life of me figure out what kind of car this is. I found another junkyard by me that has a lot of old cars. The gentleman there said that he thought it was a Plymouth. It doesn’t appear to be that either. My plan is for my son (he’s 9) and I to restore this thing. I would love to start being able to hopefully find some parts like the doors and such for me to attempt to put it back together or see if it’s even possible to get these parts anywhere. Thank you in advance. 

IMG_0434.jpeg

IMG_0687.jpeg

IMG_0688.jpeg

The Dodge body is all steel, built at a time when many cars used wood frames. It was built by Budd.

Budd Co., Edward G. Budd Mfg. Co., Budd Company, Edward Gowan Budd, Joseph Ledwinka, Budd Car, Budd Wheel Co., All Steel Body - Coachbult.com (coachbuilt.com)

who used Budd bodies? | The H.A.M.B. (jalopyjournal.com)

Morris in England used a similar body for a short time but the deal ultimately fell through - 

Pressed Steel Company - Morris and Budd | Morris Budd (liquisearch.com)

Pin on Morris cars

• Thanks 1

Hey knapp07, It looks like this was from a dry desert environment so perhaps you might return it to running condition but leave the dry rusty patina on parts of it to show it's age such as the "Dust Bowl" relic time period. Best of Luck to you! Tom

Ya it did come from the dry dessert mountain area of Wyoming. Definitely looking at leaving some patina on it.  Love hearing and reading on the history of the car. I know its really going to be a long hard road to the restoring of this one, but really excited to keep it out of a junkyard and trying to put history back on the road again.