Mercer fuel tank

new to mercer

3 hours ago, new to mercer said:

I need a picture of the different setting on tank, so I can show the proper one. Drain. Res,ECT ect

Uh, it MIGHT help to know what year, model, body style, etc. Mercer built automobiles for nearly fifteen years. They built racing cars, sport roadsters, "Raceabouts", touring cars (a longtime good friend has had one for many years now!), and I have even seen photos of a Mercer sedan.

Photos of the car in question would would also help a lot in getting the right answers you need.

That is a good start. A longtime good friend has one (pretty sure it is a 1921?). But I haven't been able to visit with him for several years due to my family issues. I have known a few other owners of similar models over my years, but only the one close friend with that series Mercer.

There are several of them around. It might help to know roughly where in the world you live, and your car is? Maybe someone not too far away can let you look at theirs? A lot of collectors like their anonymity. And they may want assurances that visitors will respect that.

What sort of condition is yours in? Nicely restored with just some minor thing that needs to be redone correctly? Older restoration needing a bunch of little things? Or maybe a lot of re-restoration? or maybe a total basket case parts pile?

Best exchanges of information goes two directions.

For Nickel era touring, it doesn't get much better than an early 1920s Mercer Raceabout! Not only that, but they qualify for the Classic Car Club of America. So there are numerous clubs with major activities at which they will be very welcome!

I haven't communicated with him for a few years now. But there I think is a fellow in Vermont that is considered an expert in Mercer automobiles, although he mostly works on the early series Raceabouts. He likely would know about what you need to find out.

Someone here should have current contact information?