1907 Duer Highwheeler

Moon Guy

My friend Rick recently purchased a 1907 Duer Highwheeler from the Gilbert family in NY and I am helping him look for the other 2 known Duers. We found the 1907 "Chicago" Duer today but we are still looking for the 1907 Edward Todd "Birmingham, Alabama" Duer. There are some old threads from 2016 and 2017 and one of the Todd relatives was a "guest" on this forum asking about what to do with his grandfathers Duer. Does anyone have any contacts with the Todd family or know if it was sold and to whom? Does anyone know of any other Duer's out there?

Any information or leads would be helpful. Please send me a message and I will pass it along to Rick.

Slide1.JPG

Edited by Moon Guy
spelling (see edit history)
  • Like 6

• 6 months later...

@Moon Guy Edward Todd is my late great grandfather. After his wife’s passing in 2021, the family decided to sell to a private collector locally to Birmingham. It is still in pretty good condition, but needs some TLC that rest of family just couldn’t provide. The new owner does not have any plans to sell. By the way, it’s really cool to see this car still alive and being discussed. It was Mr. Todd’s absolute pride; its continued relevancy would certainly bring him joy!

Thank you for the response. I have been talking with the new owner and he is very interested in seeing his run again. My friend is currently working on the NY Duer engine and hopes to have it ready later this year.

• Like 3