'90 Reatta Tail Light Problems

cidney2020

The tail lights won't come on when using headlights at night. They work when I brake. I checked the fuses they are ok. Does anyone know what the problem can be? Also Does anyone know where I can find a manual for this car?

Thanks.

The service manual shows an "early" and "late" production schematic without noting when the change was made. On the "late" schematic there is a park light relay that could cause the problem (early cars do not have relay)

it says the relay is located in the front of the console, near the interior relay center. This would be a relay that was added to the harness.

There is also relay "F" located in the interior relay center (this is no the passanger side of the console) This relay turns on the rear lights when the fog lights are turn on.

The first thing I would verify... check the under hood light, with the parking or driving lights on, the underhood lamp should light....it gets its voltage from the same source as the taillamps. So if the underhood lamp does not work, the problem is probably one of the relays. If the underhood lamp does light, the problem is further down the harness (unlikely) since the stop lights work.

didnt realize this at the time but when i ordered my manual from helm i input 1989 as the model year though one of those series of dropdowns on the website, hope this doesnt mean ill be gettin the 89 edition? or will i be getting the final version?