vacuum power windows

1942lccharlie

1942 lincoln continental cabriolet vacuum power  windows.  i have two vacuum tanks, one with a broken check valve on the top, and the hardware inside the two doors.  does anyone know if there are other parts required ?  and if the broken check valve can be replaced ? also can i find a diagram somewhere to hook up the system ?

Charlie-- Many years ago , 1965; I also owned and started to restore a 1942 Lincoln Continental  Cabriolet.  It still had the vacuum widows, vac. radio ant. and the vacuum wipers. Under each front fender was a  tank that was about  6" dia. by about  30"  (?) in length. I heard somewhere ,each tank was about 1000 cu.in. Both check valves on the tanks were bad.  Inside of each door was  a oval  vacuum    cylinder  , perhaps  5" dia . by about  10-12" in length. There were 2 controls  for each window. I was told by other club members ( LZOC)  that one was up and down  and the  other was for "quick release" . The   escutcheons on the inside door panels were missing. I tested the window  cylinder  out side of the car with a direct vac. connection to the car engine and it worked!!!!   I wrote to "Trico" and they had no longer had any  any information on the  system. The car did have the antenna  control and the wiper control. Other members said that most '42 owners converted to elect/ hyd. ,  '46 -'48 LIncoln cars. The only printed info . I have is a copy of  "Lincoln/ Mercury Service News", January, 1947.  This shows  the "vacuum Leveling tank system Installation for   "47-"48   ONLY!!  Send me a SSAE  and I'll send you a copy. Good luck , keep us posted. L.E. Butcher  224 Cluside Dr. Taneytown MD. 21787

thank you for the reply, but i am apparently also missing the oval vacuum cylinders for each door. the tanks i got with the car, maybe wrong.  one tank has one vacuum fitting and the other has the broken check valve with a fitting plus a second fitting. and my tanks measure 6" x 22".