Vintage Truck

nearchoclatetown

The article with the DBC owned 1919 Truck Builder just came today. It's been in the works since I took the truck to Hershey last year. The truck was being stored at Meadow brook Hall in Mi. until they decided to remodel the area the truck was in. A day trip brought it to Hershey to be detailed for the fall show at Hershey. Since Hershey the truck is on loan to Washington County Agriculture museum in Maryland. The club obtained a First Junior last year competing with Howard Griggs DB Screenside which also got a first Junior. As the article by Al Rogers says the truck is very unique. It was built in 1919 on what I believe was a new chassis by a DB dealer. It was restored about 20 years ago by Darryl Amberson and then donated to the DBC. It is still in remarkable condition. Pick up a copy of the Sept. Oct. issue, it's on the cover.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there! I remember seeing that truck at Hershey last year when they were working on it. It's crazy how it went from being stored at Meadowbrook Hall in MI to making its way to Hershey for the fall show. And now, it's hanging out at the Washington County Agriculture Museum in Maryland. It's always impressive when these old vehicles get restored and maintain their charm. Kudos to Darryl Amberson for doing such a fantastic job on it 20 years ago. I'll definitely grab a copy of the Sept. Oct. issue to check out the article you mentioned. It's interesting to learn more about what trucks part they consist of.

Edited by AlexaDuffy (see edit history)
  • Like 1