SNAKED!!!!!

Imagine this.......

It's a beautiful warm, sunny Summer day.

You pick up your TC from a storage garage

Drop the top, hop in, and fire it up.

You're cruising down the freeway pushing 70 and life is good!

Then, you feel something on the top of your feet

Glancing down, it's black and heavy.

You figure it's the lower dash cover, it's come loose, and it has dropped onto the top of your shoes.

But wait, this thing is MOVING!

it's Not a dash cover

IT'S A FRICKING SNAKE!!

WITH AN ATTITUDE!!!!!!

( insert emotional content here)

A four foot long black snake !!!

So you are driving 70 mph down the highway trying to keep from freaking out while a snake is fighting you trying to crawl up your leg and get into your shorts (insert sexual innuendo here). 

Trying to keep driving in a straight line, while looking for the nearest exit, all the while this hitchhiker has crawled  under your drivers seat and is slithering all over your interior, trying not to have a heart attack..

Finally hit the next exit and pull off, and pull into the next parking lot where it is safe to stop and get out of the car, a McDonalds which is packed. 

Jump out of the car, and scream "Anyone want a snake?" Surprisingly, no one answers, but get a lot of stares.  Open the doors, and Mr Snake makes his appearance in the Drivers footwell. (see photos)

He is not content to leave by exiting over the rocker panels, he instead chooses to crawl into the fender well ( see other photo). 

A small crowd has now formed, and they spot Mr Snake now hiding under the car on the asphalt.. 

I hop in, start the car up, and back it up a length. 

But no one has seen snakey leave yet.

So. I pull to another spot, and look all over for him in, ( especially the interior)  under, and throughout the car, with no results.

My wife arrives and follows me home, hoping to see if he falls off and drops on the roadway, No Sighting.

We get home, and again I do a thorough exam, with no success. 

Could he still be in the car?  Or, up inside the engine/chassis area somewhere?

Or is it a better idea that he took off when he was under the car and we did not see him?

What do you guys think?

Resized_20230820_160243003.jpeg

Resized_20230820_160243003 (2).jpeg

IMG_2078.JPG

IMG_2079.JPG

• Haha 1

I will come pick you up with my rollback, after using the truck for several trips last week on the last call of the day I spotted this mouse running back and forth on the frame when I had the bed back. Maybe your snake will fix my mouse problem 😂

IMG_2749.jpeg.2d8e41d35dc0914ce174d57f6432d4bb.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Thoroughly enjoyed your narrative!  Good thing you had the presence of mind not to panic.

Years ago I looked at a TC that was for sale at a reasonable price about 90 miles away.  I met the owner at his storage facility and since it looked like a heavy rain was coming I took the car for a drive before examining it.  The TC drove fine so we parked it back in his space and I began checking it over and under.  When I poked at a small nest by the accumulator, a bunch of black widow spiders scurried out!  I hope both he, and you, have found a different place to keep your car.