Serviceable 1930 Pierce-Arrow trunk, radiator cap and gas cap wanted

mabolitho

Looking for serviceable 1930 Pierce-Arrow (plain) radiator and gas caps to faciliate parking and storage for my recently acquired model B 5 passenger sedan.  Also, if anyone has a good suggestion for a source for a trunk, would appreciate.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2023 at 9:03 PM, mabolitho said:

Also, if anyone has a good suggestion for a source for a trunk, would appreciate.  

If you give us the size of the trunk rack open and flat that would aide all to possibly see if they have a truck that would fit since most all of the trunks do not say a make,year and model on them of what they fit!  Do you want an all metal trunk that is painted, one that is wood but covered in fabric?   Be More Specific PLEASE?

I had to go and stare at the set up and then work with the rack to unfold it.  I haven't seen a rack of this design before and I looked at a dozen Pierce-Arrows last weekend.  

The rack itself is 16 5/8ths inches deep and 35 inches wide.  

However, the rack appears to be mounted too close to the rear of the body, which has a curve in it at the back.  I've looked to see if I can reverse the rack but then the bolt holes for the side braces don't work.  Effectively, unless the trunk is not very tall, the depth of the rack is closer to 13 1/2 to 13 3/4 inches.  

In terms of a trunk itself, a metal trunk would work best.  

This car was restored in the early 1980's; bought to be used for touring.  

20230901_131226.jpg

20230901_131238.jpg