GMPhotostore.com

Guest Tom

Guest Tom

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this before, but there is a GM website where you can order photos of their cars. Both vintage and later model. Lot's of Buicks. Website is gmphotostore.com. Photos can be ordered in 8" X "10, 16" X 20" and poster size at 24" X 30". Some photos are the same as what you may have seen in some magazine ads of the day, but many others that I have never seen before. Most are color with some black and white. As the owner of a '59, there were a number of photos of the 59's in various body styles. There is a really nice piece of artwork that depicts all of the 59 GM models in a scene at the approach to the Mackinac Bridge.

Tom, I recently learned of this site as well. Part of what is fun here is that there is some GM corporate artwork that was not seen in the regular advertising, so there were some nice surprises. As the owner of a '59 Buick "flattop", I couldn't resist the piece you mentioned, which a friend described as "'59 Heaven". GMPhotoStore sent me an e-mail yesterday saying that my print had been shipped!

Some of the rear shots of the '65 Wildcat -- another of my favorite Buicks -- are especially spectacular, and I had never seen these photos before.

WOW! That's one fantastic website! Thanks for passing that information along! There are many Buicks that are in the some of the collections that aren't in the Buick section per se. Plus, some of the sections are more than one page long. With that and the www.fitz-art.com site, there's a huge amount of GM artwork that can be had.

Thanks,

NTX5467