The Skylark Needs New Wheels

Machine Gun

12 hours ago, Lab64Skylarkragtop said:

I found some wider 14 inch rims so I could put some fatter tires on my 1964 skylark. A bead of silicone around the exterior perimeter of the hubcap where it meets the wheel has kept them on really good.

The wider tires like nice on your car. The RTV bead was offered as a possible solution to my projectile wheel covers a few months back when I was whining about the problem. I decided right off that I wasn't going to do that. I don't doubt its effectiveness, but it's not the sort of "solution" I'd implement.

On 10/11/2023 at 11:00 AM, SBRMD said:

Hey Loren!

Will you please post a pic of that mirror glass you mounted?  I put one of the "reversable" early '60's remote mirrors on my passenger side, and it's almost unusable with flat glass.

20210626_114650.jpg

Hey, Steve,

I haven't mounted the mirror to the door as of yet. Still in the process of collecting some things for it before jumping in on the rebuild. 

I saw the mirror suggestion some time back and thought it might work well enough for me. I'm so use to having that darn passenger side mirror that I miss it on the '65s. 

Loren@65GS.com