1962 Skylark Convertible $17,500

Skylark4367

Nice driver quality 1962 Skylark Convertible.  I've owned the car since 2018.  I've enjoyed owning it, but I'm buying another old car and need the room.  Transmission rebuilt in 2020.  Carburetor rebuilt in 2022.  Replaced top motor and pistons in 2022.  Installed four U.S. Royal 6.50-13 bias ply wide-whitewall tires in 2020.  New plugs, wires, belts and hoses in 2022.  I had the master cylinder re-sleeved and replaced the wheel cylinders in 2020.  I've only put a few hundred miles on the car since the transmission was rebuilt and the new tires installed.   

The car runs nicely and is a pleasure to drive.  All the lights work and the car stops well.   The car passed New York inspection in April 2023.  I take it on local cruises and occasionally participate in local Buick club activities.  The top goes up and down nicely.  
The convertible top boot needs replacing.  The Skylark gets a lot of attention because of its nice styling and because you don't see these very often.  

The aluminum V8 is easy to live with.  I use No-Rosion octane booster and ethanol fighter to help keep it running right.

I consider the car a good "10-footer".  There's a spot on the driver's side quarter panel dog leg where the paint has bubbled.  There's a similar, but less bad, spot on the passenger side dog leg.  The car was repainted at some point, it's not a show quality paint job, but looks decent.  The rear bumper is bent outward on the driver's side, I guess from a minor collision.  The chrome and stainless are good, but not show quality.  The previous owner told me the convertible top was replaced in 2000.  It still looks pretty good.  

The interior is nice, except for a rip in the passenger seat.  The rugs are decent and I bought new floormats.  I also replaced the sun visors.  The door panels are good.

As far as I can tell, I'm the fifth owner.  I have some paperwork that shows the car was sold new in New Jersey in November, 1962.  The previous owner inherited the car from his uncle.  The uncle bought the car from the second owner.  The car was in Illinois with the previous owner and his uncle.  The first two owners were in New Jersey.  

The car is located on Long Island.  I have a lot more pictures that I can forward via PM to interested parties.  You can also see the car on Hemmings Make Offer web site.

Car sold as is, where is, with no warranty.  Please feel free to send questions via PM.

Skylark Drivers Side Front Top Up.jpg

Skylark Passenger Side Rear Top Down.jpg

Skylark Engine 2.jpg

Skylark Interior 3.jpg

Skylark Trunk 1.jpg

Skylark Underside 2.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Sorry for not updating this post.  Someone made a nice offer last fall and I sold the car.  I mentioned the sale on another post, but forgot to update this one.