Front Shocks

Blue90

With all the turmoil re rear struts (I did order a pair from Marck) I thought I'd look into getting front ones also.  I didn't want to buy Monroe 'cause I'm pissed at the way they treated Marck, so I checked out AC Delco/GM.  First I checked my FLAPS: O'Reilly's only carried Monroe at $136.99 apiece; NAPA sells Monroe but not in stock ($150. apiece plus freight); Auto Zone doesn't even bother.

So then I checked the internet:  Most sites carried Monroe from $160-$250 a pair and from free shipping to over $100.  The AC Delco/GM front shocks were priced about $65-$70, however shipping charges ranged from $60, to no shipping available due to hazardous materials, to (and Padgett (God rest his soul) would've loved this) GM Parts Direct wanted $127 for a pair plus $140 shipping!

After making some phone calls I ordered a pair of AC Delco front shocks from GMPartsOutlet for $128 plus $108 shipping.

Today I get an email telling me GM has discontinued this product and they're deducting my credit card charges.

Any thoughts?

I know there are cheap brands out there (FCS, BAP) but I don't want to buy a $5 part for a $10 car (MB).

Almost hate to say this after what Marck went through, but front struts are also discontinued. I believe Rock Auto and Amazon are about the only ones left that carry them. I have a pair of extra front struts for both my Reattas as well as extra strut mounts.

For what it's worth I bought and just today received a rack and pinion I bought from Amazon. I'm thinking they are the next one to be discontinued.