1965 Buick Special Convertible - Frame off Restored - $29,500 OBO in WA

I am helping a recently deceased friend of mine's family sell his convertible to settle his estate. I am planning on taking it out to a couple of shows this weekend (including the Buick Open in Puyallup WA) with a for sale flyer in it, so figured I would also post it here ahead of time. Any questions you can post here or message me and I will do my best to answer them, however it is not my car and I wasn't involved in the restoration so my knowledge is limited. I have only driven it a few miles so far. $29,500 OBO.

1965 Buick Special Convertible

· Same owner since 1975. Helping family sell to settle estate.

· Car was frame off restored 2008 – 2010 by High Torque Racing (Mike Garrison) of Topeka KS, driven less than 1,000 miles since completion. High quality restoration that was meant to be driven, not to be a concours show car. WA state car for most of its life.

· Trim code decodes as a 1965 Buick Special Convertible, V8 motor, Sahara Mist paint and top with saddle interior.

· Burnished Saddle paint, Sandalwood top. 1967 GS Hood scoops on 1965 hood.

· Bumpers re-chromed, trim polished. Has some minor pitting on bumpers and door handles, tail light bezels.

· Completely rebuilt 1966 340-4 motor by Eric Ruge of Eureka KS, with Gessler Level 2 bowl ported cylinder heads and ported Shootout exhaust manifolds. 20+ lbs of oil pressure at idle at operating temps. Incorrect hose clamps. :>)

· Rebuilt 200-4R four speed automatic transmission.

· 2.5-inch mandrel bent exhaust with X pipe and Magnaflow Mufflers.

· New suspension, brakes, stainless steel transmission lines, under hood wiring harnesses, gas tank, etc. front and rear sway bars.

· 14-inch Buick Rallye Wheels with new Skylark center caps, BF Goodrich RWL tires. Tires look new, but are 15 years old.

· Power steering (12:1 Fast ratio), power drum brakes, power top, tilt steering, oil pressure and temp gauges.

· Two tone brown interior, bench seat with headrest's & fold down armrest from 1972 Cutlass.

· Have restoration pictures & many receipts. Est. $50k+ spent.

I have more pictures or can take them, just let me know what you want to see.

dr side front.jpg

dr side.jpg

engine dr side.jpg

engine pass side.jpg

front.jpg

rear seat.jpg

rear.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_7661.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_7664.jpg

pass side front.jpg

• Like 3