BDE 2000 Galena IL

Guest sintid58

Guest sintid58

Just curious how many of you Buick nuts are driving to Galena this month. I will be there with my 58 and my parents are coming along. Heard the motel is completely sold out to the BDE. Hope to see you there grin.gif" border="0

I think it's over 50 or more, I don't have enough vacation time to do that and the GS Nationals next week, and 2 weeks in Buffalo for the BCA Nats and the BDE sponsored/RV planned tour after the Nationals, or I will be there, sounds like a great time as all of the BDE tours have been, I went to the 1st one in Arkansas with my '70 GSX and the 3rd one in OK with my '56 and the 4th one in TN with '56. Missed last year in SD and will miss this year too! Have a wonderful time, take some pictures and email me for the BDE web page! Thanks RV BDE #17

BDE, GALENA, ILL<BR>For those who haven't been to Galena, ill before, you are in for a real treat. Make sure your clutches are in good order, the town is very hilly. The town is loaded with antique stores, and packed on the weekends.<BR>If you can't get a room I know a lodge on the Miss. River that is just great,about 15 minutes out of town, good food, great views of river. I have a summer trailer on the river about 6 miles down the road from the lodge, I eat there when i don't feel like cooking. The lodge is Chestnut Mountain, a famous winter ski resort. There has been some construction on RT.20 between Freefort and Galena. But basically the road is quite a nice drive, single lane most of distance.<BR>Going fishing this weekend,can give traffic report, if anyone interested.<P>Jim Schilf / palbuick@aol.com

BDE, GALENA, ILL<BR>For those who haven't been to Galena, ill before, you are in for a real treat. Make sure your clutches are in good order, the town is very hilly. The town is loaded with antique stores, and packed on the weekends.<BR>If you can't get a room I know a lodge on the Miss. River that is just great,about 15 minutes out of town, good food, great views of river. I have a summer trailer on the river about 6 miles down the road from the lodge, I eat there when i don't feel like cooking. The lodge is Chestnut Mountain, a famous winter ski resort. There has been some construction on RT.20 between Freefort and Galena. But basically the road is quite a nice drive, single lane most of distance.<BR>Going fishing this weekend,can give traffic report, if anyone interested.<P>Jim Schilf / palbuick@aol.com