Jay Leno - health update plus new TV series

1 of 7 Photos in Gallery Jay Leno is well on his way to recovery after two devastating accidents in recent months. In November 2022, the former "Tonight Show" host suffered third-degree burns in a car fire. Then, just a few months later in January 2023, he broke his collarbone and two ribs and fractured both kneecaps in a motorcycle accident. Despite all of that, the comic tells Page Six he's "doing good" and already done with his physical therapy. "It's fine! I'm fine," said Jay, 73. "Look, when you're in my position, when you're any kind of celebrity, you're luckier than most people," he added. "So when something bad happens to you, you can't whine and complain about it because bad things happen to people every day — either they get burned or they get cut — and they don't have the financial wherewithal I did. So I just make jokes." Without missing a beat, he then did just that, joking that "people love to see rich people catch on fire," adding, "... plus, it's Hollywood, as long as you look OK, you're OK. Nobody really cares how you feel." Jay returns to the small screen on May 30 as a celebrity guest judge on the NBC series "Hot Wheels: Ultimate Challenge."Keep reading for more news ...MORE: Follow Wonderwall on MSN for more fun celebrity & entertainment photo galleries and content
Jay Leno is well on his way to recovery after two devastating accidents in recent months. In November 2022, the former "Tonight Show" host suffered third-degree burns in a car fire. Then, just a few months later in January 2023, he broke his collarbone and two ribs and fractured both kneecaps in a motorcycle accident. Despite all of that, the comic tells Page Six he's "doing good" and already done with his physical therapy. "It's fine! I'm fine," said Jay, 73. "Look, when you're in my position, when you're any kind of celebrity, you're luckier than most people," he added. "So when something bad happens to you, you can't whine and complain about it because bad things happen to people every day — either they get burned or they get cut — and they don't have the financial wherewithal I did. So I just make jokes." Without missing a beat, he then did just that, joking that "people love to see rich people catch on fire," adding, "... plus, it's Hollywood, as long as you look OK, you're OK. Nobody really cares how you feel."
Jay returns to the small screen on May 30 as a celebrity guest judge on the NBC series "Hot Wheels: Ultimate Challenge."
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2