'91 Century top speed

I have a 1991 Century with the 3.3 V6 and 4 speed auto. I've hit the governer in it a few times, but I do not know how fast I was going because the speedometer only goes up to 85mph. Does any one know what the governer is set to?

Typically, everything GM built that came without H-speed rated tires (or higher) would hit the fuel shutoff in the computer in the 97-105 mph range. Vehicles with H-rated tires (GTP Grand Prixs and Autobahn Package Intrigues) as Goodyear Eagle RS-A from the factory would go to 127mph. Z-rated tires on the Camaro Z-28s, Trans Ams, and Corvettes would be unlimited. Notice that anything that runs faster than 105 is a vehicle with a stiffer suspension calibrated for better handling at those higher speeds.

Enjoy!

NTX5467

Thanks for the info, it's nice to know that I've hit triple digits in my Century. It felt pretty stable at that speed. The strange thing is that at around 70-75mph the front end gets a bit shakey, but when it hits 80 things tend to settle down a bit. I don't know why that is. Any ideas?