TC - Horn 'button' switch assembly advice please?

Hello from new(est?) registrant.

One of the first tasks I undertook on my new-to-me '89 TC was replacement of the tilt-column ignition-key lock. Following my Blue TC Manual and the 1989 Chrysler FSMs, I successfully replaced the mechanism.

Scuff marks inside the column suggested somebody else tried earlier, but failed.

When I was ready to re-attach the steering wheel and horn switch, I was not sure if any parts are missing.

I do want to reassemble these items correctly, but the Manuals are annoyingly 'silent' on this topic.

I would be grateful for any relevant guidance in what order, I should put everything back.

fresh pics attached - Thanks in advance

IMGP2233 reduced.jpg

IMGP2235 reduced.jpg

IMGP2237 reduced.jpg

Going off my foggy memory, I believe the spring threads through a hole in the plastic housing and needs to be grounded(which I believe the silver bracket provides). The silver bracket gets sandwiched between the wheel and the adaptor. If you can't get it to go back together you can save yourself some aggravation and get a horn button for a Grant GT wheel.Screenshot_20230518-132254.png.549e30ba125c80525f98bebc656fdeb4.png

Edited by royalcabTC (see edit history)

Thanks again 'royalcab' for your helpful words!

I was eventually able to find the correct holes to thread the coil spring through, to create the necessary Ground contact.

Also I found the locating key for the two parts of the button.

I used a 'Sharpie' to mark the three alignment slots to push the button home.

Attached are pics including one of the 3mm Hex socket which I used to remove and install the wheel itself.

If I made any errors, I would appreciate corrections.

IMG_E2869 reduced.jpg

IMG_E2870 reduced.jpg

IMG_E2871 reduced.jpg

IMG_E2875 reduced.jpg

IMG_2874 reduced.jpg